Iader Fabbri, nutrition expert, tells us about his breakfast with honey.
Interview with Iader Fabbri, Eat Trainer and Mental Coach of over 30 elite athletes including the world champion motoGP racer Jorge Lorenzo and Nutritional consultant of the National teams of the Italian Cyling Federation.
– Do you like the Gocce di Luce honey? Why is honey so important for athletes?
– Yes, a lot. I use it regularly in the morning for breakfast because it has a lot of simple sugars that can easily be absorbed. These give the athlete the best possible support for their activity.
– So using honey daily has no side effects…
– It is a very antique product and so it interacts very well with our genome and our DNA. You could already find small traces of it in the Palaeolithic era, while today you can find it in greater abundance… considering its natural essence we can use it in our daily diet without problems.
– What uses would you recommend? When is the best time to eat it and with what foods?
– Since it has a high sugar quantity you should eat it in the early morning for breakfast. The ideal use could be to balance it with a source of protein. At breakfast we could have toast with ricotta, which is a source of protein, spread on it and then add our Gocce di Luce honey. In this way we will get a high energy meal, without altering the glycaemia levels and it will be a great start to the day.